Learning, research and knowledge management are core business at Waitemata District Health Board. Awhina's contribution to the achievement of our DHB promise of 'best care for everyone' is to support and provide high-quality and high-value learning, research and innovation opportunities.
More about Awhina
- Largest DHB by population, with more than 580,000 people in our district
- Provides secondary hospital and community services from North Shore Hospital, Waitakere Hospital and over 30 community sites throughout the district
- Also provides child disability, forensic psychiatric, school dental and alcohol and drug services to the region on behalf of the other two DHBs in Auckland
- Employs more than 6800 people
- Annual budget of $1.4 billion (FY 2013/14), mainly from the Government (Ministry of Health)
More about Waitemata DHB